Monthly Archives: December 2015
[Jakarta – Malang – Banyuwangi – Ijen Crater – Bali] Dec 2015 – Jan 2016 Day 3 Pandawa Beach, Padang-Padang Beach, Blue Point Beach, and Uluwatu, Bali
After a highly recommended adventure in Banyuwangi and Ijen Crater, we finally reached Bali on 28th Dec. There was nothing to do on the 28th as we arrived at 9pm and we took a rest soon afterwards. On the 29th, we didn’t plan to catch sunrise at all as we were lacking a proper sleep so we sleep till 7am. Soon after waking up, we swam for a little while in the villa.
At 11am, we departed from our villa directly to Pandawa Beach. At first, we didn’t know where to go and we didn’t plan at all. We planned to consult with the driver as he supposed to know better than us. Unfortunately, the driver was not as expert as we were expecting to be so we told him to bring us to the destination near us. So, we went to Pandawa Beach first. The sun was insanely hot. It’s good for tourists from Europe or Australia but unfortunately not for me. I had a fair skin and with this, I’m turning literally dark. We bought sunglasses and took a bunch of pictures ( Indonesians really love to take pictures ! )
After Pandawa Beach ( which we only took pictures as the sun was really mad ), we went to Padang Padang Beach. The beach here is literally beautiful to swim, surf or to tan ourselves. This place is really photogenic. There were so many Caucasians here than Indonesians.
[Jakarta – Malang – Banyuwangi – Ijen Crater – Bali] Dec 2015 – Jan 2016 Day 1 and 2 Jakarta, Malang, Banyuwangi, Ijen Crater, Bali
2015 end of year is fast approaching and we are ready to welcome 2016! After a month struggling with final paper for my degree, I need some places to vent off the stress. We planned to go to Malang – Banyuwangi – Ijen Crater – Bali. First, our plan isn’t supposed to be like this. We supposed to visit Mt. Bromo. That’s why we booked a train to Malang. But since last month, Mt. Bromo started to erupt and the vulcanic activity is increasing ever since. So, for Plan B, we went to Banyuwangi and Ijen Crater, and since Bali is near Banyuwangi, we decided to visit Bali too. We started our journey for Pasar Senen Train Station, Jakarta boarding Matamarja Train to Malang Baru Train Station at 15.15. The train was comfortable at first, but becoming quickly crucifying at last. Our train supposed to arrived in Malang at 8am the next day. It’s about 18 hrs ! We booked the economy-seated class and the train stopped in several train station such as Semarang,
Setelah melewati hari pertama yang melelahkan, kami siap memulai perjalanan hari kedua di jam 4.30. Pemandu kami mengatakan jika kami mau mengejar sunrise, kami harus memotong jalan melewati persawahan warga, kalau tidak, tidak akan sempat. Yauda, why not? Kondisi saat itu masih gelap gulita dan kita harus melewati persawahan dengan jalan setapak cuma beberapa senti dan harus berhati-hati agar tidak terperosok. Setelah melewati persawahan, kami juga harus mendaki bukit lalu barulah sampai di Lagoon Pari. Lagoon Pari itu menurut saya pantai terindah di Sawarna. Di Lagoon Pari, listrik belum sampai ke daerah situ sehingga warga yang buka kios disana masi menggunakan generator dan belum ada penginapan di daerah sana. Kami menuju Karang Beureum untuk menunggu sunrise. Sunrise nya memang muncul sih cuma dikit doank dan masih tertutup awan. Sedih… Setelah itu, kami langsung cus ke Karang Teraje.
After passing the exhausting first day, we were ready to start our second day journey at 4.30 am. Our guide told us if we wanted to make in time to catch the sunrise, we will have to take the short cut through the rice field. Why not? At that time, everything was still pitch black and we only had one flash light from the guide. The path through the rice field is only few centimetres and we had to be careful to not trip over. After passing through the rice field, we still had to go uphill and downhill before reaching Lagoon Pari. Lagoon Pari for me is the most beautiful beach in Sawarna. In Lagoon Pari, electricity isn’t available so the locals need to use generator. Due to that, there’s still no inns nearby. We walked towards Karang Beureum to wait for the sunrise. The sunrise can be seen for a little while but disappeared quickly due to haze and clouds . 😦 . We were there in the rainy season 😦 . After that, we made our way through Karang Teraje.
Rute Jakarta – Sawarna via Pelabuhan Ratu menggunakan angkutan umum || Route to Sawarna from Jakarta via Pelabuhan Ratu using Public Transportation
Ini merupakan sub cerita ketika kami pergi ke Sawarna. Rute ini sengaja ditulis terpisah agar lebih mudah dilihat bagi kalian yang hanya ingin mengetahui bagaimana cara ke Sawarna dari Jakarta melalui Pelabuhan Ratu.
This is a sub story from our adventure to Sawarna. This route is intentionally written apart from the main story for you to be easier to read if you mainly want to know only the route to Sawarna via Pelabuhan Ratu / Ratu Bay.
- Capai lah Stasiun Bogor melalui berbagai moda transportasi yang ada. Kami menggunakan KRL / Commuter Line dari Palmerah ke Stasiun Bogor seharga 5000 rupiah
- Dari Stasiun Bogor, naik Angkot 03 warna hijau menuju Terminal Baranang Siang seharga 4000. Kalo supirnya ngotot, kasih aja 5000
- Di Terminal Baranang SIang, cari Bus MGI jurusan Bogor – P.Ratu. Ingat, cari Bus MGI ! Jangan cari bus merek lain. Untuk MGI AC seharga 50000. Untuk Non AC tentunya lebih murah tapi kemarin tidak terlihat yang Non AC. Lama perjalanan antara 3 – 4 jam. Paling sial 5-6 jam. (Kami sial banged kena 5 setengah jam)
- Sesampainya di P.Ratu, jika waktu masih menunjukkan pukul 12 atau 1 siang, cari ELP yang langsung ke Sawarna seharga 30rb. Jangan tertipu oleh Ojek yang disana. Kalo bingung, tolak semua tawaran ojek, lalu menyingkir ke toko penduduk sana dan tanya. Kalau ada kenalan di Sawarna, telp saja. Jika waktu sudah lewat pukul 12 atau 1. Ambil ELP jurusan Bayah, bilang turun di Simpang Ciawi. ELP ke Simpang Ciawi cuma 20rb. Di Simpang Ciawi, naik Ojek ke Sawarna seharga 40rb (harus jago nego). Kalo Anda mau Charter langsung dari P.Ratu ke Sawarna, pandai2 nego aja dan kalkulasi harga agar lebih murah daripada Anda singgah di Simpang Ciawi
- Sampai di Sawarna. Biasanya di turunin di depan Indomaret. Kalo mau naik Ojek ke penginapan, biasanya 10rb tergantung nego atau Anda bisa jalan sendiri ke penginapan
- Reach Bogor Train Station with any means of transportastion. We used Commuter Line to reach Bogor Train Station from Palmerah Station for IDR 5000
- From Bogor Train Station, hop on Angkot 03 with green colour to Baranang Siang Bus Station for IDR 4000. If the driver demands more, give him total IDR 5000
- At Baranang Siang Bus Station, find MGI AC Bus Bogor – P.Ratu track. Remember to only find MGI Bus ! Don’t find others. MGI AC Bus costs IDR 50000. For Non AC is usually cheaper but we didn’t see any in that day. The trip to P.Ratu is about 3 – 4 hours. If you are really unlucky, it can be about 5 – 6 hours.
- Arriving in P.Ratu, if the clock only shows 12 pm or 1 pm, find ELP going directly to Sawarna for IDR 30000. Don’t be deceived by Ojek / Motobike. If you are confused, step aside and find local stores and ask local residents but you have to shoo the Ojek first. You can also call your innkeeper in Sawarna to make sure.If clock is showing more than 1 pm, you have to catch ELP going to Bayah but you get off at Simpang Ciawi. It costs IDR 20000. At Simpang Ciawi, ride Ojek to Sawarna for IDR 40000 (you have to negotiate well).
- Arrived in Sawarna, usually you will get off in from of Indomaret. To go to you inn you can either walk on foot or ride another Ojek.
Price is based on our trip to Sawarna on 28th November 2015