[Life-Hacking] Controlling Youtube using Smartphones / Tablets
So here’s is the scenario. You are watching Youtube Videos in your laptop and you find one particular video interesting and wanted to share it to your friends that happen to be hanging out in your house. Conventionally, you will ask your friends to watch it together in your laptop. But, what if you have a big TV and your computer is connected to your TV (like I am via HDMI) but your TV are not Wi-Fi ready meaning you can’t use your TV to watch Youtube unless you duplicate the screen from your laptop which isn’t a problem if the distance between your laptop and TV is near. What if you want to sit comfortably in your couch and you can control your Youtube via mobile phones and your friends can add the video to the queue to via their own mobile phones or tablets. Isn’t it wonderful ? You can leave your laptop near your TV and you can sit comfortably in your couch or bed. But how? How can you control your laptops that are far from you ? Here’s the steps:
- First of all, I will consider your TV is not a Smart TV cause a Smart TV has a prebuilt Youtube and you don’t have to go through this complicated steps just to watch Youtube in your TV
- Open https://www.youtube.com/tv
- Under settings, find “Pair Device” option
- Write down the pairing code
- From your devices (Android, iOS), go to the Youtube app
- Under settings, find “Connected TVs”
- If you are on Android, select “Add a TV“
- Enter your pairing code
- If you are on iOS, enter your pairing code
- If you want to connect via Mobile Site , go to m.youtube.com, under setting, select “Connected TVs” and enter pairing code
- After you successfully pair your TV (in this case youtube.com/tv) , you can start select the videos in your Youtube App from your mobile phone, and cast it to your TV clicking this icon . You can add videos to Queue too.
That’s it for controlling your Youtube in your TV remotely. Now you and your friends can watch Youtube together in a real sense or maybe you can Youtube and Chill. Lol !